Here's a simple craft to teach the Aesop's fable, "The Goose that laid the Golden Egg". In the story, a woman has a goose that lays one gold egg a day, but she is greedy and wants all the gold at once. She kills the goose and cuts it open, but finds nothing. The story is a little cruel, but this craft is innocent and cute.
- 1 sheet of blue construction paper
- simple goose template cut from card stock
- egg cut from card stock
- craft feathers
- "The Goose that laid the Golden Egg" title
- Have the goose and egg cut out beforehand, or let student's do it.
- Color a face on the goose and color the egg gold or yellow.
- Glue the goose and egg to the blue paper.
- Glue craft feathers onto the egg.
- Print out the title and glue to the top or have students write it themselves. Display your golden geese.